A short hiatus in the current project I'm working on has given me the chance to upgrade and regig my website. I think this is the first major change this site has had in over 4 years. The major upgrade has been to convert the entire site to Joomla 2.5. As I don't have a huge amount of content I finally decided the best thing to do was to manually copy all of the old articles into a new joomla site and then republish. The migration paths from the 1.5Beta version I have been using for the last few years was going to be much more painful.
You'll also notice I've got a new template which I'm pretty happy with as it gives me a fair bit of freedom in terms of layout and it is pretty much all written in HTML 5. Hopefully I'll be less dependent on the various plugins previously required.